So named because of the stripes in the background.
This skin provides the following:
- An attractive design with the expectations of typical web users in mind (ie navbar on the left hand side, content on the right)
- A top menubar that highlights the main features of TWiki (edit and attach) and conceals the more complex features under a pop up (diffs, create, etc)
- A configurable left hand menu bar - the contents can be set in an editable Web Menu topic - one for the TWiki web and optionally one for other webs. See Web Menu Format for details.
- A top left hand icon that may change according to web selection - FIXME how
- Simple Web.TopicName location status
- Username feedback with a click to personal topics (requires sessions)
- Cascading style sheet for structured style alterations (however, we do not constrain the font size of TWiki content - use View/Textsize in your browser for this)
- Unzip the skin and plugin into your TWiki installation
- Then edit Web Menu to set the contents of the menu bar, supplied one cover TWiki, Main and Test Webs
* Set SKIN = tiger
The Tiger Skin
comes with a plugin - see Tiger Skin Plugin
- that inserts items such as the left hand menu. It uses the plugin to read the Web Menu
The Tiger Skin
can be used (optionally) with the Session Plugin?
- it then allows logon and session management.
- The Tiger Skin is designed for use with IE 5.0 and 5.5 - not (yet) Netscape compatible.
- The Tiger Skin purposely avoids using different colors for different webs - we think that this is desconcerting to novice users.
- The Tiger Skin needs a TWiki beta release dated after 27 Jul 2001
An example logo is attached to this page - just download and edit to make your own logo. It should be named logo.gif. The overall site logo lives as an attachment hereto, individual web logos should be placed in pub/webname/logo.gif. Please be sure to acknowledge TWiki.org appropriately.
For help and advice, please email Steve Roe?
or John Talintyre?