The Nicky Line Railway.
The Nickey Line (Nicky is a more modern version) was a branch line of the London North Western Railway running from Harpenden to Hemel Hempstead. It was opened in 1877, and was around eight and a half miles long. The number of passengers and commercial traffic declined as the years passed. The last passenger train ran on 19 June 1947. In 1968 the line was sold to The Hemelite Company and used to transport power station ash to Cupid Green in order to manufacture building blocks. The railway line was completely closed down in 1979 and has now become a footpath and cycleway.
A picture of Redbourn Station is one of Geof Webbs Redbourn Collection